How to calculate currency conversion in Google Sheet?
As we know, some formulas in Google sheet are different with those in Excel sheet, such as t the formula for calculating currency conversion. Here, I introduce the formulas on several cases to calculate the currency conversion and the currency rate in Google sheet.
Here are some formulas for different cases.
Calculate the currency conversion
Select a cell which you want to place the result, type this formula =A2*GOOGLEFINANCE("CURRENCY:USDGBP") (in the formula, A2 is the cell value you use to convert, USD is the currency you want to convert, GBP is the currency you want to convert to). Then press Enter key, the result displays.
Calculate the currency rate between two currencies
Select a cell which you want to place the result, type this formula =GOOGLEFINANCE("CURRENCY:"&$A$4&B4) (in the formula, $A$4&B4 means to calculate the rate while converting USD to EUR). Then press Enter key, the result displays.
List a week of the currency rate between two currencies
Select a cell, cell A6, to enter the first date of the week you want to list, then in a blank cell which you want to place the results, type this formula =GOOGLEFINANCE("CURRENCY:USDGBP", "price", A6, A6+7, "DAILY") (in the formula, A6 is the first date of the week, A6+7 means to list the currency rates of next 7 days, USDGBP means to convert USD to GBP) . Then press Enter key, the result displays.
If you work in Excel sheet, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Currency Conversion utility to quickly convert currencies.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the data you use to convert, and click Kutools > Content > Currency Conversion.
2. In the Currency Conversion dialog, select the currencies you want to convert between.
3. Click Fill options to decide to fill the result in original cells or as comments. See screenshot:
4. Click Close > Ok. The USD has been converted to CAD as you specified.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...